1. What is CSCS?
CSCS stands for Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists that ensures the standard to work on construction sites with appropriate qualifications and training for the job.
CSCS test, or CITB Health, safety and environment test, aims to raise standards across the construction industry. It can be used as an opportunity for the workforce to have a thorough insight into in-depth knowledge of this field.
2. How much a CSCS test cost?
The CITB Health, Safety and Environment test costs £22. Then, you can get a CSCS Card at a cost of £36.
3. How many questions are there in a CSCS test?
There will be 50 questions in a CITB Health, Safety, and Environment Test, and it lasts approximately 45 minutes. All the questions will be selected from all the areas related to the construction industry. You should get at least 47 out of 50 questions in order to pass the test.
4. What are the areas involved in a CSCS test?
5 sections will be mentioned in the CITB Health, safety and environment test, namely:
Section A: Working environment
- Accident reporting and recording:
reason, time, and ways to report and record accidents
- First aid and emergency procedures:
things to prepare beforehand, and things to do in an emergency
- General responsibilities:
you and your employer’s responsibilities to make sure the safety of everyone being on site
- Environmental awareness and waste control:
ways to manage and conserve energy
- Personal protective equipment:
reasons why PPE is essential
Section B: Occupational health
- Health and welfare:
health problems and ways to avoid & welfare facilities and support on-site
- Dust and fumes:
how to avoid being exposed to respiratory hazards & risks may result from dust and fumes emergency
- Noise and vibration:
reasons and how to minimize the chance to be exposed to noise and vibration
- Manual handling:
the importance of handling the loads with a safe system & things to notice when handling loads
Section C: Safety
- Electrical safety, tools and equipment:
ways to work with tools and equipment safely and check their faults
- Fire prevention and control:
ways to prevent and control a fire
- Safety signs:
safety signs on a construction site
Section D: High risk activities
- Working at height:
types of equipment to use working at height and ways to use them
- Excavations and confined spaces:
reasons and tips to work in an excavation or confined space safely & things to do when being exposed to hazards
- Hazardous substances:
ways to recognize a hazardous substance
- Site transport safety and lifting operations:
tips for site vehicles and pedestrians work together
Section E: Specialist activities
- Ductwork hazards
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (Heating and Plumbing Services)
- Highway Works
- Lifts and Escalators
- Pipefitting and Welding
- Plumbing (JIB)
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Services and Facilities Maintenance
- Specialist Working at Height
5. What are the question types in a CSCS test?
- Multiple choice and multiple choice with images
- Drag and drop text and drag and drop images
- Hot spot questions
- Hot area questions
6. Where to sit a CSCS test?
In order to take a CITB Health, safety and environment test, you need to go to a CITB-approved test centre. These three types of test centres includes:
- Fixed test centres:
- Test time available: Monday to Saturday
- Opening time: Monday to Friday (8 a.m. - 8 p.m.), Saturday (8 a.m. - noon)
Visit this link www.citb.co.uk/hsandetest to find the nearst test centre
- Independent test centres:
A college, training provider or an organization will be operate the test, so book a CSCS test directly for further information
7. Why should you choose CSCS practice test by Estudyme?
You can study for FREE with our questions, practice tests and score reports with detailed analytics.
Best of all, you can access these features anywhere and anytime when you download our app. As you practice with various CSCS online tests, the app tracks your performance and highlights your test strengths and weaknesses, helping you zero in on what you need to study in order to boost your CSCS test score.
8. What are the main features of CSCS practice test?
- Practice with 1000 free online CSCS questions that cover all sections of the Construction Skills Certification Scheme exam
- Prepare the best background for users with high-quality content
- Do any CSCS online practice test or CSCS mock test totally free without any registered account needed
- Design CSCS practice tests exactly the same as the real tests
- Track your strengths and weaknesses with our in-app analytics
- Detailed statistics of your progress for every question
- Daily review calendar based on your study
- Support offline mode
- Support text to speech
- Support dictionary